10.07.2011

Brooklyn Log: Day 1

 [source]

3 AM  October 4, 2011

I'm in Brooklyn now.  Got in around midnight.  The plane ride to New York was smooth.  For some reason, I qualified for a $4 upgrade to First Class.  The airline rep I had encouraged me to upgrade for the "Unlimited Premium Drinks."  I decide to do it,  since the whole "uprooting my life" thing was making me emotional and anxious.  Before the plane took off, I had already drank some Scotch and fell asleep.

2:30 PM

Over slept today.  Which really means I rolled out of bed at my usual time (1pm).  It wasn't easy to get "up and running."  I'll have to find motivation.

Feeling overwhelmed with things to do.  Don't know how long till I'm settled.  We're not even close to signing a lease yet.

 [still apt scouting in Brooklyn]

8 PM 
Saw the loft my roommates applied for this afternoon.  Almost cried with joy when I saw it.  Quickly came to my senses, though.  I'll let myself be happy about it when I'm actually living there.  Till then, I'm on Powell's couch.

No comments: