11.21.2011

This Three in the Morning\\Not Rebel Enough

 [American Cinema's favorite revenge driven rebel, in her drop-top about to go kick some ass]

I was one of those people you hate.  Plugged into my iPod, lip-syncing Katy Perry on the train.  Nobody else was in that car, except for those two train dwellers catching their Zz's.  But I don't think they saw me-swishing my shoulders and tapping my toes.  "TGIF" and "Teenage Dream".  My friends give me shit for them.

I ran home in the rain.  Mostly to avoid getting robbed.  I was also wired from that gin; reminiscing on this past summer.  When I'd drive my mom's convertible with the top down, drinking Starbucks Iced Soy Lattes.  And right now you're thinking she's what's wrong with America.  Well maybe you're right.  Sort of.

No comments: