5.17.2011

Mantra for the Masses

g

I was really intrigued by the composition of this image: the text (san serif) all caps (white), fading in and out of a black, grey, white background. Two girls-one being straddled like a pony (notice how across her face and her rear is the word "mutherfucking" strategically placed)-roughhousing outside of a confined venue (somewhere resembling a garden).  Excitedly, both women are dressed in fine, sheer lingerie.  Needless to say, there's a lot of provocative details here, leading the eye, and yes: the ever pronounced mention of vaginas running the universe.  

What a concept. 

At first view, I thought to myself, why had I not thought of this beforee.  Yet it turned out that I had.  The image and the phrase spoke to me with silent ghostly wisdom.  A wisdom that only collective consciousness can explain.  My subconscious knew it greatly. It being that vaginas rule the universe.  

My whole life, I've known it (in some distant part of me), that being a female was equal to being the greatest thing on earth!  Yet seldom did I practice it.  Often, I allowed myself to feel restricted and lesser, and I always blamed my life's disadvantages on being ball-less.  "Just a Girl," like No Doubt said.  And I related to that song ritually.  I even felt as though my mother loved me less because of my inherited gender; that she showered my brother with more love and attention simply because he had a penis, and I did not (sibling rivalry post and how to ignore it coming soon).  Even so I was, infact, delirious.  I am NOT just a girl after all.  And I am not alone.  Come to find out, men often feel the same about their gender, attributing all there misfortunes to being male, complaining: girls get everything they want, simply because they have vaginae!  Well maybe they're right.  

But life is perception.  At least, that is what I've realized the last couple days.  Both in finding this image and listening to my guy friends talk openly about the intricacies of being a man, I feel absolved of the burden of my sex; I see that burdens and the things that make life more complicated have little to do with gender, but a lot to do with perception.  So today, I chanted the phrase in the *above picture. Today, I decided to not blame my misfortunes on sex, of any kind.  Life is only difficult if I fail to assert myself, and from now on I'm going to assert my vagina.  You are not ready.

No comments: